MACDL’s Legislative Lion, Kelly Keegan, was instrumental in getting a new Minnesota Expungement Bill signed into law last week!
Governor Mark Dayton [on May 14, 2014] signed a bill that will give a second chance to thousands of Minnesotans who are taking honest steps to support themselves and their families. The new law (Chapter 246, HF2576) creates a more thorough expungement mechanism that allows judges to permanently seal the criminal records of reformed offenders – making it easier for these Minnesotans to secure good jobs, access quality housing, and provide for their families.Read More
Dear MACDL Member:
Do you like being around awesome people? Do you enjoy having a cold one outside on a nice summer evening (surreptitiously of course)? Are you a former college athlete? Do you have hilarious jokes?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, we want you on our MACDL softball team.
As many of you know, MACDL sponsors a softball team in the Hennepin County Bar Association League. Our captain, Nickey Kettwick, is putting together a roster. I am writing to recruit you. We are looking for guys and especially ladies to join our team.
This is a co-ed D team–meaning this is a “beer league” or a league for fun. Our competition is other law firms from around the Twin Cities. We play on Tuesday nights in Northeast Minneapolis–game times are 6:15, 7:15, or 8:15. Our season is only two weeks away and starts on May 13 and runs through July 22 (plus playoffs). If you are interested in joining the team, being a cheerleader/scorekeeper/waterperson, or at least receiving Nickey’s emails regarding softball, please contact her at email@example.com.
If you’re not convinced, yet, check out the photos from last year’s season: http://www.macdl.us/2013-softball-gallery/
The month of April is membership renewal month for the MACDL! Many of you have already renewed your memberships and access to members-only content on our website at our annual banquet, and we thank you! In case you missed our banquet, you can renew your membership now either online or by check.
Renewal for Current Members:
- First log into your account.
- Check your account expiration date (listed on the right sidebar after you log in). If your account is set to expire in May of 2015, you have already renewed! There is no need to do anything. You’ve already signed up or we’ve received your renewal.
- If your account expiration date is May of 2014, you should renew your membership.
- To renew, simply click on the Join Today Button or the Join Us Link (You must be logged in first!).
- Select your level of membership, and click the associated Buy Now button.
- Upon payment, your username will be automatically upgraded to the new membership level for 2014-2015.
Or you may Download our New Member/Renewal Application Here (PDF – Requires Adobe Reader) to pay by check and we will upgrade your membership manually.